Friday 19 December 2008

The X Factor Final

I have decided to write a follow up article about the X Factor since the show finished last weekend. When I first commented on the X Factor back in November I ranted about the exit of the very talented Laura White in week five. 

After Laura's exit, public common sense did seem to kick in and the less talented Daniel and Rachel then left the competition. But in week 8 I was very disappointed when my personal favourite Ruth Lorenzo left the competition. The public seemed to fall back into old habits by voting through Eoghan, who has more the cute factor rather than the X Factor.    

After Ruth's exit I still watched the competition but I was fast losing hope that the most talented contestant would win. After the unique, but in my opinion annoying Diana Vickers lost out in the semi-final, the final line-up of Alexandra, JLS and Eoghan was revealed. 

As a self-confessed addict of the competition I was dreading the thought that Eoghan would win, purely because I felt that my votes for talent would be wasted and the X Factor format would die further with a victory based on popularity rather than talent. 

But I was pleasantly surprised when the most talented finalist left Alexandra won the competition, beating boy-band JLS in the final two. It may have taken 10 weeks, but talent did eventually prevail. Though in my opinion it was weeks too late. All I kept thinking was what an amazing final it would have been it the competition was purely based on talent; a Ruth, Laura and Alex final would have been amazing.   

Above, Alex's reaction after learning she won the X factor!

(Image from gigwise.com)

No comments: