Thursday 18 December 2008

My 5 days of Christmas Feature: Final thoughts

After finishing my last blog post I wanted to take some time to reflect on my blog feature. My initial idea was a Christmas themed blog, called My 5 days of Christmas feature. I chose this theme because I personally love Christmas and I felt it allowed a lot of different styles of content and articles.

I wrote five blogs; one news piece, one personal opinion article, a travel type piece and two christmas based recommendation articles. I was pleased with all the articles that I posted for my blog, although I struggled to find ideas for my final blog entry so I came up with the personal opinion article on why I love Christmas. 

My favourite post was the expensive Christmas presents post. I enjoyed writing this post because it was fun to research and it was a more light hearted fun post, compared to the news post before it. I was pleased with the style of writing that I followed throughout my feature because I tried to maintain a conversational style that both informed and drew on my personal opinion and experiences.  

My target audience would be quite broad, from housewives looking for Christmas ideas to bored office workers. I tried to target a broad audience in my feature by keeping the articles varied and not targeting a specific audience.

In terms of competition I found that there are quite a few christmas blogs, but a lot of the blogs that I found were personal experience blogs about Christmas, for example Santa Claus Blog.  I feel that my blog overs a wide coverage of many different topics of Christmas, though on reflection the general theme of Christmas may have been a too wide topic to cover. 

No comments: