Tuesday 16 December 2008

My 5 Days of Christmas Feature: French chef for Christmas?

French chef David Duverger has auctioned himself off on Ebay for charity and the lucky winner will get a full Christmas dinner made by the chef on Christmas Day.

Duverger, 32, the head chef at Chelsea resturant Papillon, will serve a four course traditional French Christmas dinner including foie gras terrine, braised turbot with champagne sauce, chicken stuffed with truffles and buche de noel.

The chef is offering to cook for up to eight people from anywhere in Britain and the proceeds of the auction go to the Children with Leukaemia. He said: "Hopefully, I can offer the highest bidder and their guests the best Christmas dinner of their lives."

The idea of not having to cook or wash up on Christmas Day may sound appealing (not that I contribute greatly to these tasks, but I am sure my mother would agree with me) but the prospect of having a Frenchman who can cook in my kitchen on Christmas Day is definitely an ideal Christmas present.
(Image from thisislondon.co.uk)

No comments: