Thursday 18 December 2008

My 5 days of Christmas Feature: Why I am like a kid at Christmas!

Some may say that the novelty of Christmas wears off for those over 10 years old, but I have to disagree. I am 19 years old and I still act like a five year old kid at Christmas!

The magic of Christmas for me is not just the presents (though they are a nice surprise after the Christmas dinner in the afternoon) but the food and the family aswell.


For the past 19 years my Christmas have all started the same, though I get up at 8am now rather than 5am when I was younger. Even though I tell my mum every year that she does not need to do me and my brother a stocking she still does (though I think deep down she enjoys buying the presents just as much as we enjoy opening them).

After having a champagne and smoked salmon breakfast (it is not as posh as it sounds, just another family tradition) we open the presents and then go see family for the rest of the day. I enjoy every part of Christmas, though the party games do start to wear thin after 19 years (there are only so many times you can play town, road, river without getting bored!).

As you may have already guessed from this post and the posts before it I love Christmas. Though we follow the same family traditions every year and the day seems to go so quickly I look forward to Christmas day throughout the year. I will always act like a little kid at Christmas, well it is the only time I am allowed to!

No comments: