Friday 19 December 2008

I am addicted to Addict-o-matic!

The online module and the visit of Kathryn Corrick has opened my eyes to the possibilities on the internet. Before the module I regularly used the internet but I now see my usage was restricted to only a few of my favourite websites, for example Sky Sports and Digital Spy

Throughout the module I have learnt about applications like Twitter and Flickr, though I have not signed up to either site yet it is definitely something that I would consider to contribute to in the future. 

I have also signed up to Google Reader, where I have added RSS feeds for entertainment, gadget and sport news. Though I like the idea of google reader I have failed to use it a lot since I signed up. I regularly check news online but I tend to visit the sites directly rather than using Google Reader.       

Kathryn Corrick, the digital media and communications consultant, who visited our online journalism class introduced us to many new web applications including AirMe, Qik and Fix My Street.  One site that particularly appealed to me was Addict-o-matic. When I surf the internet I tend to search YouTube, Google News etc.. for news and videos on a specific person or subject so I found Addict-o-matic extremely useful because it collated all the search results onto one easy to read page. 

I will no longer have to spend hours (and my precious internet usage levels) searching for videos of X Factor or EastEnders on YouTube or scrolling through the endless amounts of search results that Google News produces. Addict-o-matic will make my digital based life a lot easier.

Though I will not use all of the applications that I have learnt about, certain internet sites like Addict-o-matic will definitely be useful in the future, they will make my time spent web browsing easier and more efficient.   

(Image from Los Angeles Times)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amazing blog! I loved reading it!

makeup course in kolkata
makeup course in Delhi

Skeyndor said...

Awesome post! Loved it! To grab skin care products, contact Skeyndor India – the leading skin care brand in India that offers a range of professional skin care and body care products at best rate to people.

top skin care brands in india